The Bartlett Group was established in the UK by the late Fred Bartlett in December 1940, and remains a family business. Over the intervening years the business has grown to become an international organisation with subsidiaries in the USA, Germany, France, Holland and Hong Kong. In a further 30 countries the group operates in partnership with hand-picked agents.
For further information about Bartlett please contact our Philadelphia team on:
Tel: 215 546 9660
Bartlett & Company Inc
Bartlett & Company Inc was established in 1997, initially to service the US investments of British clients. This company now acts for an impressive portfolio of American, British, German and French owned businesses, across a range of sectors, throughout the USA.
In 2007, our sister company Bartlett & Company Ltd became one of the first Insurance Broking Firms in the United Kingdom to be awarded the covetous Chartered status. To find out more about Chartered Status please click here.
With its commitment to high professional standards, the group remains faithful to the values on which Fred Bartlett founded his business all those years ago.
Our progress has been based on the quality of our people and the trust placed in them by our clients.Over the years, the Bartlett Group has become one of the region's most respected firms of its kind, with clients now throughout the world.
Michael Bartlett, Chairman
1940 – Bartlett & Co Ltd established in Bradford
1965 – Bartlett Life & Pensions established (now Bartlett Wealth Management Ltd)
1967 – Bartlett Group moves to Leeds
1997 – Bartlett & Company Inc established in Philadelphia, USA
1998 – Bartlett & Co. GmbH established in Hamburg, Germany
2001 – Bartlett Asia Ltd established in Hong Kong, China
2003 – Bartlett Group acquires Yorkshire-based Insurance Broker and Financial Adviser Sugden Rodgers, established in 1907
– Bartlett Nederland BV established in Amsterdam, Netherlands
2005 – Bartlett opens office in London
2007 – Bartlett France SARL established in Paris, France
– Bartlett & Company Ltd awarded CII Chartered Broker Status
2010 – Bartlett Africa Ltd established in Kampala, Uganda
2011 – Bartlett & Co Ltd named Chartered Broker of the Year at the UK Broker Awards
– Bartlett & Co named Commercial Lines Intermediary of the Year at the UK Broker Awards
– Bartlett & Co Inc win in the national NU/AA&B Commercial Agency Awards for Excellence
2012 – Bartlett & Company Ltd becomes a registered Lloyd's Broker
– Bartlett Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd established in Sydney, Australia
– Bartlett & Company Ltd win 'Broker of the Year' at the British Insurance Awards
– Bartlett & Company Ltd win 'Intermediary of the Year' at the UK Broker Awards
- Investment Management Insurance
- Life Sciences Insurance
- Technology Insurance (white paper available)
- Real Estate Insurance
- Manufacturing & Distribution Insurance
In the US the Bartlett office is based in Philadelphia.