Our aim is always to provide our customers with a first-class service, however we are aware that occasionally, it is possible that we may fail to meet your expectations.
If you consider that you have cause to complain, the following information will advise you:
How to make a complaint
The procedures we are committed to follow in ensuring your complaint is dealt with promptly, fairly and effectively
What options are open to you if you are not satisfied with our response
If you wish to complain, you may advise any member of our staff or contact us by:
Telephoning: 0113 258 5711
Our Complaints Handling Procedure
- We will ensure that your complaint is investigated by one of our staff who has sufficient competence to deal with the complaint and who preferably has not been involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint. We will also ensure that the person dealing with the complaint either has the authority to settle your complaint or can have ready access to somebody who can make a decision on your complaint.
- Where a complaint arises we will, wherever possible, endeavour to resolve the matter by no later than the close of business the third working day following receipt. If this is not possible, to enable us to remedy the situation in a speedy and efficient manner, we will follow the procedure detailed below.
- We will acknowledge your complaint as soon as possible after receipt giving you the name or job title of the person handling the complaint.
- In the event that your complaint relates to activities or services provided by another party, we will advise you of this in writing giving you reasons for our decision and ensure that your complaint is promptly forwarded to the appropriate party, in writing.
- We will aim to make a final response to you as soon as practicable, and keep you reasonably informed as to progress. We anticipate that we will be able to provide a substantive response to most complaints within eight weeks.
- By the end of eight weeks from receipt of your complaint, we will issue you with our final response, or issue a response that gives you reasons for the delay and indicates when we will be able to provide a final response. If you are dissatisfied with our response or the delay at this time, you may be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- When we give you our final response we will try and explain to you all the reasons why we have come to our conclusion. If we feel that redress is appropriate we will show how we have calculated this and we will have based it upon what we believe is fair and appropriate to your complaint. We will also advise how you may pursue the complaint if you remain dissatisfied.
- If you are a Lloyd’s policyholder and are dissatisfied with our handling of your complaint you may refer your complaint to the complaints team at Lloyd’s. The address of the complaints team at Lloyd’s is:
Walter Burke Way
Kent ME4 4RN
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7327 5693
Fax: +44 (0)20 7327 5225
Details of the Lloyd’s complaints procedure are set out in the leaflet “Your Complaint – How We Can Help” available at the above web address. Submitting your complaint to the Lloyd’s complaints team will not affect your right to use Financial Ombudsman (FOS) as outlined below, if eligible, should you not be satisfied with Lloyd’s response.
- If you are either a private individual, a micro-enterprise involved in economic activity that employs fewer than 10 persons and has a turnover or annual balance sheet that does not exceed €2 million, a charity which has an annual income of less than £6.5 million at the time of complaint, or a trustee of a trust which has net assets of less than £5 million or (in relation to CBTL business) a CBTL consumer or a small business or a guarantor you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman (FOS), provided we have had an adequate opportunity to resolve your complaint first. We will advise you of the time limits for making a referral to the FOS and supply a copy of the FOS explanatory booklet with our final response. The FOS can be contacted by:Accessing their website: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk Writing to: Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower London E14 9SR. Telephoning: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123.